Dine with Design 2012
The Glass House would like to thank all who participated in Dine with Design
on June 9, 2012. Special thanks to the featured chefs and artisans for their inspired menus, and our generous sponsors and media partners for their support.
This year’s epicurean event began with a Modern Picnic. Guests were invited to sample savory dishes prepared by six award-winning chefs and 10 talented artisans from around the country while exploring the buildings, grounds and art collections located on the 49-acre site.
- Ana Sortun / Oleana / Cambridge, MA
- Gabriel Rucker / Le Pigeon / Portland, OR
- Tony Maws / Craigie on Main / Cambridge, MA
- Missy Robbins / A Voce / New York City
- Jeremy McMillan / The Farmhouse Restaurant at The Bedford Post Inn / Bedford, NY
- Tim LaBant / The Schoolhouse at Cannondale / Wilton, CT
- Frederic Kieffer / Artisan / Southport, CT
Learn more about the featured chefs.
- Theo Chocolate / Seattle, WA
- The Blue Pig Ice Cream / Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Tuthilltown Spirits / Gardiner, NY
- Freddy Guy's Hazelnuts / Monmouth, OR
- Beehive Cheese / Uintah, UT
- Wave Hill Breads / Norwalk, CT
- The Black Cow Coffee / Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Island Creek Oysters / Duxbury, MA
- Summer Kitchen Bake House / Guilford, CT
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company / Pleasantville, NY
This year, The Glass House built upon the inaugural success of Dine with Design
by adding a new component. On the evening of Saturday, June 9, The Food Film FestivalTM
came to the property. Currently celebrating its sixth year in NYC and third year in Chicago, the Food Film FestivalTM
is the only fête where guests sample what is featured on the screen, offering an unparalleled, multi-sensory experience. George Motz, television personality and Festival co-founder, hosted the evening’s screenings.
In June 2011
, the Philip Johnson Glass House, inaugurated Dine with Design
- a benefit picnic featuring artisans and chefs from around the country. A literal feast for the eyes and palate, the event not only introduced the iconic site to a new audience, but also offered Glass House enthusiasts the opportunity to experience the property in a new way. Learn more and see photos from last year's event.
Shuttle cars courtesy of Callari Auto Group: BMW of Darien, Mini of Fairfield County, Volvo of Westport
Albano Appliance & Service
Branch for Sustainable Living: Wasara
Mondaine: The Official Swiss Railways Watch
Precision Audio Visual
CTBitesLuxe Interiors + Design